How to file Consumer Complaints in Consumer Courts
1. Make sure whatever complain you have is sound and take time to think about all facts regarding the dispute or complaint.
2. Present it politely: this elicits co-operation and make it out of haste.
3. Preserve cash memos and warranty card.
With these, first approach the retailer. He may have a valid explanation.
4. If he is not supporting, write to the manufacturer, quoting No. and date of cash Memo, No.and date of Cash Memo No. and date of Warranty card.
5. Retain all originals. Keep copies of your letters.
6. In case of suspected Food and drug adulteration, write to the State health authority. Retain samples where possible.
If products with ISI/AGMark certification perform poorly,write to the respective agency. ISI certification guarantees replacement.
7. If there is no response then move to regional consumer forum or consult the links and details provided later in this POST.
8. Never give up if your complaint is valid. Stand your ground.
9. If regional consumer forum is unable to get your complaint redressed, you may complain to your District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum if your 10. compensation claim is below Rs.5 Lakhs;to the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission if your claim is between Rs.5 Lakhs and Rs.20 Lakhs. If your claim exceeds this amount you will have to refer your complaints to the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission at New Delhi.